+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what fuel pumps will last

what fuel pumps will last

what fuel pumps will work with pwm, fuel on demand,inline and in tank, and have longivity. are turbin pumps the only ones that will take the pulse, why did professional products send in my kit a pump that will not do the job, and if i need a check why not in the kit

im using an intank walbro 255. i heard a lot of the professional product pumps over heatting in +80 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by bricklin View Post
    what fuel pumps will work with pwm, fuel on demand,inline and in tank, and have longivity. are turbin pumps the only ones that will take the pulse, why did professional products send in my kit a pump that will not do the job, and if i need a check why not in the kit
    Here's the stuff I found on the web regarding fuel pumps...

http://professional-products.com/for...-Demand-Module

Bottom line (as I interpret it based on my limited research)... Turbine style pumps work the best with PWM - I use a Bosch w/ no problems (very quiet as well). Some Walbros do not work as well with PWM (see thread)...

Chief Visionary of Enmeshed Experience Paradigms ProfessorEFI's Avatar
    +1 Bosch 044
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but trillions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

i found a in tank pump 255lph for a returnless system turbine style small enough so i could get in in my stock gas tank, a tre-345, made to fit a 2004 mustang gt. i have it installed ,and my sending unit even fit. i hope tomarrow or monday to finish the install and see if there will be any problems, wish me luck

So the fuel pump supplied with the unit is a paperweight? Wow. can the system be ordered without an expensive paperweight?

B.

Quote Originally Posted by bohica2xo View Post
    So the fuel pump supplied with the unit is a paperweight? Wow. can the system be ordered without an expensive paperweight?

B.
    Well, the basic kits don't come with the pump, filter, or regulator...

70020 Powerjection III Basic Kit - Satin Finish
    70021 Powerjection III Basic Kit - Polished Finish

On-line catalog...
    http://www.professional-products.com/EFI_3.php

Pumps that Last

We've had excellent luck with the Bosch 044 and Walbro 255. The PP pump is good for intermittent use, like transferring fuel or kerosene, but is Noisy and not reliable enough to be mounted permanently under your ride.
    Today's most popular seems to be Aeromotive's 340 Stealth Fuel Pump, it's Super Quiet, Very RELIABLE, designed specifically for PWM and is usually a drop-in replacement.

For more details on pump comparisons, try here:
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/automot...pump-test.html
    Last edited by rxl158; May 29th, 2012 at 10:01 PM.
    85 Cutlass, 454 PJ III, V2.1

The PP pumps suck. I burned two of them up before I went with an intank unit. I used a factory pump off a 1992 TPI Camaro. Works like a charm, can be picked up anywhere, and usually carries a warranty.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information